Pediatric Dentist Grayson
At Grace Pediatric Dental Care, we customize our dental exams to your child’s age and developmental stage. The exams are geared toward addressing your questions and concerns. Your child should have a preventive care appointment twice a year.
Preventive care at our office consists of the following:
- Thorough dental cleanings: Our team will gently remove any plaque, tartar, and stain from your child’s teeth.
- Oral hygiene tips: Dr. Efobi and her team will educate you and your child on how to best take care of their teeth at home.
- Habits review: Dr. Efobi will evaluate any habits that your child may have that affects their oral health and development (thumbsucking, pacifiers, etc).
- Diet education: Our team will provide tips on drinks/snacks to avoid in order to prevent childhood tooth decay.
- Oral growth and development monitoring: During your child’s examination, Dr. Efobi will ensure that all teeth are properly developing and erupting, and assess the development of their jaw and occlusion.
- Trauma risk management: Our team will discuss how to protect your child’s teeth from common childhood trauma and injuries.
- Fluoride treatments: We provide fluoride treatments for our patients to help prevent decay and strengthen teeth.
- Dental sealants: Dr. Efobi will evaluate your child to determine if he or she could benefit from dental sealants. Dental sealants fill in the deep grooves on your child’s back teeth to prevent bacteria and food from getting stuck and causing decay.
- A fun experience!
Along with our professional preventive care, the best way to ensure your child’s oral health is to ensure that they are practicing proper oral hygiene. If you have any questions or would like to set up an appointment for your child’s preventive dental care, give our office a call today.